To sign up for updates regarding next year’s Pitch Event, please click here.
STARTUP PITCH EVENT DETAILS
On June 5, 2020, Inventures will announce the winners of the third annual Startup Pitch Event, which took place June 3-4 as part of the Inventures Unbound live stream conference. Eighteen finalists presented their innovations to a panel of expert judges live in front of a virtual audience.
Is there a fee to apply to the Inventures Startup Pitch Event?
There is no fee to apply.
What are the eligibility requirements for applying companies?
- Companies must have launched/be planning to launch their product or service within 24 months of June 2020
- Companies must not have raised more than $10 million in funding
- Companies may only enter one product or service in the Inventures Startup Pitch Event
- The submitted product or service must fall under one of the Inventures Startup Pitch Event Categories
- Companies featured in prior Inventures Startup Pitch Events are not eligible to participate
What are the 2020 Inventures Startup Pitch categories?
- Innovation of Work
- Agriculture in the Technology Age
- The Future is AI
- Healthier Living, Broader Thinking
- Smart Cities, Vibrant Communities
- Data in the Digital World
How will the on-stage pitch process work?
Finalists will each be granted 2 minutes to pitch, followed by 6 minutes of Q&A with a panel of judges who have investment experience in the finalist’s space.
What are the Judging Criteria?
The Judges will focus on these five critical elements:
- Creativity (Originality and uniqueness of idea)
- Potential (Longevity, actualization and profitability of idea)
- Goodness (How does the product or service impact/improve the world?)
- Traction (Market traction with regard to sales, users, marketing exposure, etc.)
- Team / People (What experience does the team have and how will they help the business succeed)
Will I receive a complimentary registration to Inventures 2020 if I am selected to pitch?
Yes, companies participating in the Startup Pitch Event will receive two (2) complimentary registrations for Inventures 2020, good for access to all Inventures keynotes, panels, social outings and other activities. These complimentary registrations must be assigned to specific individuals attending the conference. Additionally, each presenting company will have the opportunity to demo their product/service at the Inventures Startup Showcase Demo Area.
What if I am not selected as an Inventures Startup Pitch Event finalist but would still like to attend the event?
All applicants will receive a code allowing them to register for up to two (2) Inventures 2020 badges at a reduced price.
How are Inventures Startup Pitch Finalists selected?
A committee of experts in each space will screen applications to make sure that they meet all requirements for entry and review each application to decide which products and services are the most innovative.
How will I know if I have been selected to participate?
Applicants invited to participate will receive an email notification from Inventures staff. Participating companies will be notified in April of 2020.
Still have additional questions?
Please contact Inventures Startup Pitch Coordinator Philip Cogley: email@example.com
Where can I access the online application for the Inventures Startup Pitch Event?
The Startup Pitch Event application has closed. To sign up for updates regarding next year’s Pitch Event, please click here.