The INVENTURE$ Trade Show is where you can put your finger on the pulse of emerging technology in the startup ecosystem of Canada, the USA and beyond. Within the Trade Show, you’ll find 40+ startups per day demoing their latest and greatest offering, as well as featured event sponsors to the 4,000+ attendees of INVENTURE$ 2020.
Startups from Canada, the USA and beyond
June 3-5, 2020
In the heart of INVENTURE$ 2020, the Trade Show is an opportunity for startups to debut their latest tech to an audience of the 4,000+ conference attendees.
Telus Convention Center
Exhibit Hall E
Is there a fee to apply to the INVENTURE$ Trade Show?
There is no fee to apply. If your company is accepted into the Trade Show, there is a small fee to cover the costs of your space.
What are the eligibility requirements for your company to demo at the INVENTURE$ Trade Show?
- Companies must apply by March 28, 2020
- Companies must have launched/be planning to launch their product or service within 24 months of June 2020.
- Companies must not have raised more than $10 million in funding.
- Companies may only enter one product or service in the Inventure$ Trade Show.
- The submitted product or service must fall under one of the Inventures Event Categories.
What are the 2020 INVENTURE$ Content Tracks?
- Innovation of Work – The rise of the ‘do anything from anywhere’ gig economy workforce is being shaped by technologies that overcome distance and time. Adaptation at the pace of innovation is deepening human to humanoid interaction through automation and machine learning. In parallel, data visualization, augmented reality technologies and educational shifts are bringing the arts to STEM, opening doors to a new agile, creative and interdisciplinary workforce.
- Agriculture in the Technology Age – Nearly one billion people on earth are undernourished. Advancements in genomics and real time sensor data, combined with the far-reaching zero waste movement, is driving a wholesale redesign of food production and processing systems. This is turning labour intensive farm-to-fork supply chains into high-tech agricultural production hubs designed to feed more people using a smaller footprint.
- The Future is AI – Artificial intelligence will add $13 trillion to the global economy over the next decade according to McKinsey. The wide spectrum of intelligent automation and algorithmic learning technologies represents a powerful and adaptive strategic platform. Combined with machine learning, AI is creating new predictive capabilities, solving industry challenges and enabling breakthroughs in drug research, bio-industrial materials and advanced manufacturing and logistics.
- Healthier Living, Broader Thinking – Innovation is revolutionizing the way we treat disease and how we can prevent it. Sensor technology, predictive data models, advanced algorithms and robotics are at the heart of the transformation in how health care is designed, delivered and received. Technologies that put the person at the center of the solution are helping to save lives and lessen costs on a local and global scale.
- Smart Cities, Vibrant Communities – Innovation is transforming cities from concrete monoliths to symbiotic neighborhoods where people live, work and play. Adaptive communities that are climate resilient and resource efficient are emerging on a foundation of smart electricity grids, regenerative utility systems, 3-D construction technologies and sustainable materials. Together with STEM, community designers and social scientists are creating vibrant livable spaces that reimagine daily interaction between people, structures and technologies.
- Data in the Digital World – Data is the new currency – with an estimated 20 billion active IoT (internet of things) devices in use. This is driving monumental leaps in blockchain, quantum computing, fintech and an augmented analytics market that DatSci predicts will reach $18.4 billion globally by 2023. This fast-paced quest to conquer the data field is met by equal urgency to create impenetrable security systems for global trade, banking and consumer product supply chains to serve the global population of digital-first millennials now shaping the workforce and marketplace.
How will the demoing process work?
Startups chosen to participate in the INVENTURE$ Trade Show will have one (1) 6-foot table in the Telus Conference Exhibition Hall E for 1 day of the 3-day conference. Startups will demo alongside INVENTURE$ corporate partners and have the opportunity to share their latest tech with conference attendees, corporate partners and the INVENTURE$ digital following. Setup is in Exhibit Hall E at 7:30AM daily and teardown will begin at 5:00PM daily, except for Friday. On Friday, teardown is at 12:00PM.
Will I receive a complimentary registration to INVENTURE$ 2020 if I am selected to demo at the Trade Show?
Yes, companies participating in the Trade Show will receive one (1) registration valued at $799 a piece for INVENTURE$ 2020, good for access to all INVENTURE$ keynotes, panels, social outings and other activities. These complimentary registrations must be assigned to specific individuals attending the conference. Additional registration passes must be purchased by attendees.
How will I know if I have been selected to participate?
Applicants invited to participate will receive an email notification from INVENTURE$ staff. Participating companies will be notified no later than April 25, 2020.
Should my company include a video or pitch deck in our online application?
We strongly encourage you to include a direct link to a video and/or pitch deck that could further illuminate your product or service for our selection committee.
Are you interested in sponsoring the INVENTURE$ Trade Show?
Please contact Director of Brand Marketing for Alberta Innovates, Carmelle Boston (Carmelle.Boston@albertainnovates.ca).
Any other questions?
Please contact INVENTURE$ Trade Show Coordinator Gianna Whitver (email@example.com).